Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Remote Graphics Software 7.3.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

3. This continues my post of 9/2.

Uninstalled RGS 7.2.2.  Installed fresh copy of RGS 7.3.3;  Sender on Z600;  Receiver on HP Stream 13. 

Connecting Receiver to Sender failed with same top-level Windows error message described in my 9/2 post. Events on the Receiver include:

1. Faulty app receiver.exe v73.3.12135

2. Faulty module QTCore4.dll v4.7.1.0

#2 error also showed up with previous installation of RGS. 

1.  QT4Core4.dll is a "C++ application development framework".

2.  It is installed with the RGS Receiver.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Make sure you have full administrator privileges on Win 10 when installing RGS.  If you only have partial privileges, we have seen RGS install but not correctly.  Try uninstalling 7.3.3, reboot if necessary, then right click on the RGS receiver and/or sender executible, and choose to install as administrator.  Please reply if this works for you or not.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

KellyRGS thanks for your response. Here is update.

Reinstall as administator completed without error. Connected to sender using IP. 

Ran RGR and got same Windows failure message as before (there has been no followup from Microsoft).

Checked logs and event messages and extracted items below that may point to the problem(s). 

RESULT OF HP RGS RECEIVER REINSTALL ON HP STREAM 13 9/13/2017
1. Start and connect to Z600 sender failed with same Windows error as before.
2. Installation log > install completed successfully
3. From rg log at c-users-name-hpremote-rgreceiver
 + INFO - QtWarning: Qt: Could not initialize OLE (error 80010106)
 + WARN - ReceiverApplication::run() Setup mode has been disabled, it is not supported in touch mode
 + ERROR - WinToWinReceiverSecurityContext::authenticate Security context failureInitializeSecurityContext failed - 87
09-07-17 10:21:15 6396(6336)
 + ERROR - WinToWinReceiverSecurityContext::authenticateWindowsCredentials Security context failureInitializeSecurityContext failed - 87
4. From Event Viewer - sampling
 + Error AppModel-Runtime 37 App Container profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register the AppContainer SID.
 + Error Service Control Manager 7000 The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported.
 + Error Distributed Con 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 + Error Application Error 1000 Faulting application name: rgreceiver.exe, version: 7.3.3.12135, time stamp: 0x591b7314 Faulting module name: QtCore4.dll, version: 4.7.1.0, time stamp: 0x52f16d9e Exception code: 0xc0000005

HP Recommended

Thank you for the snippet of the logs.  I will see what I can do with this but may need you to run the RGSbugreport on both sender and receiver.  I will email you directly in a few minutes with instructions.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.