Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS RECEIVER vers 7.6.1.19438
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am working on an iMac 27 in. 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 with 48 GB Ram High Sierra 10.13.6 and using RGS Receiver to tap into an HP Computer using Windows 10.  Both computers (the imac and the HP) have dual monitor set ups.  

I am trying to get more screen real estate on my imac but the HP window only displays so big.  Like 60% of my screen and only on 1 screen.  I used to be able to stretch the HP screen across both my iMac monitors but no longer.  I think that was when I was on Windows 7.  

Is there something I can do to make the HP screen I am remoting into bigger on my Imac.  I am using Avid Media Composer Editing software and I need all the room I can get.  

I have tried changing the settings on my iMac to unchecking "Displays have separate spaces" but that doesn't help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Multi-monitor spanning on Mac can be properly achieved by unchecking " Displays Have separate Spaces"  and also enabling the Display Matching property on the Receiver settings, under the Connection tab.

But you might also need the latest RGS version for that, where borderless mode was introduced for Mac (and the experience is really good for multi-monitor)

RGS 7.6.x is an unsupported version of RGS.

We do recommend getting the latest updates, as lots of improvements were made along the way, including new features.

Depending on which HP computer you have you might not even need a license for the sender.

Here's a link to check on the latest version of RGS (now called Remote Boost).

http://hp.com/zcentral

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.