Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS
Linux

HI,

I have a few systems (Z840, Z8, Z600) that are running with CentOS 6.4-6.9.

HP RGS seems to work and I can also have audio on the client side(MacOS)... but was wondering if it was possible to plug USB devices on the client side and make them visible on CENTOS6 ? or not ?

Running RGS 7.7 here.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Dropbrick,

At the moment, Remote USB functions are available for Windows and ThinPro only.

I attached the RGS 7.7 User's Guide if you'd like more information on Remote features.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks. Any plans for supporting Linux as a sender in the future ?

HP Recommended

Linux is already supported as a sender, and for the latest Remote Boost release there's also support for RHEL 8 and Ubuntu.

As for remote USB features, they are just not there yet on Linux due to technical limitations.

If you'd like to give the new RGS a try, Remote Boost 20.0 was just released:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for the reply.

So my server can run Centos 6 but my client has to be Windows (not Mac or Linux) to be able to forward local USB devices to the server ?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

Do you know if what I've asked on the post above is possible ?

Thanks,

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Dropbrick,

Re-reading the comments above I realized you were asking if you could remote USB to a Linux sender.

Although Linux is supported as a sender with most features available, remote USB functions to a Linux sender are not possible at the moment.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.