Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community

After I updated to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version: 19041.572, the HP Support Assistant no longer works for me.

1. Not all of the devices I have registered are shown, only my HP EliteBook 840 G4.
  2. I am not able to log in, the error message “Login failed. Incorrect user ID or password, or the service is not available”.
  3. And when I press «Update», the program only goes up to the first point «Connection to HP server is being established» and then stops and the red message «Next» shows. If I press continue he gives the message «No updates available»

I uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Support Assistant and then the HP Support Solutions Framework several times, allowed the app to communicate in Windows Defender Firewall and also temporarily switched off the antivirus program. Of course, the internet access works correctly.

Nothing worked.

Can you help me? I hope so.

Thank you very much.

With kind regards

Eick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Community

Suddenly everything works like it used to. So it was because the service from HP was for a few days not available. Why does the HP not communicate this temporary state and save its customers unnecessary maintenance work?

Incomprehensible!

I wish everybody a nice Sunday and thank you all who took care of my problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Community

Suddenly everything works like it used to. So it was because the service from HP was for a few days not available. Why does the HP not communicate this temporary state and save its customers unnecessary maintenance work?

Incomprehensible!

I wish everybody a nice Sunday and thank you all who took care of my problem.

HP Recommended

Yesterday it suddenly worked, today it didn't work anymore. I couldn't log in again and got the familiar error message again. So the app is useless and I am considering permanently uninstalling it.

HP Recommended

Now I have found the solution how I can open the HP Support Assistant correctly in the local data carrier C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Hewlett-Packard \ HP Support Framework.

Open the HP Support Assistant with the application HPSF and it works😊

Screenshot 2020-10-19 112304.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.