Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Is there a way to access ZCentral Connect from internet without a VPN?

I’ve been searching the internet for ZCentral Connect forwarding ports but no luck.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are you referring to the remote connection through Remote Boost?  ZCentral Connect just manages your senders (hosts), but Remote Boost actually does the connections.  If using port forwarding on Remote Boost, you will need to change your login format.

KellyRGS_0-1658240648220.png

I normally setup port forwarding on my home router so that I can connect to my sender outside of my network.  The sender and receiver must be able to see each other whether that is via a VPN or another means.  The sender and receiver both communicate on port 42966. If you change that for port forwarding, lets say you have multiple senders, each needs its own port, then you need to modify the sender and receiver settings.  You can do this through the SenderConfigApp.exe tool and the ReceiverConfigApp.exe tool.  The tools are located at Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender or Remote Graphic Receiver.

Receiver Image

KellyRGS_1-1658240858748.png

Sender Image

KellyRGS_2-1658240912426.png

Make sure to say yes to restart of sender service.  This will cause the change to take effect.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.