Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Linux

I've noticed that in the sender config file for the latest RGS linux the following line was removed:

"Note that HPVelocity only works on port 42966."

So my question, is HPVelocity now supported on ports other than 42966?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I checked the rgreceiverconfig file from Remote Boost 20.1.0, and it still has the notes there.  Port 42966 is still used by HP Velocity.

## Port used for communication between Sender and Receiver. Must match
## the port setting on the Sender. Default is 42966.
## Note that HPVelocity only works on port 42966.
# Rgreceiver.Network.Port=42966

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

Please check the rgsenderconfig, (on a fresh install), that is were I am seeing a discrepancy.

Thanks,
Alan

HP Recommended

The rgsenderconfig file did not have those comments, but the sender does communicate over port 42966.  When using HP Velocity it is recommended that port 49266 is open on both TCP and UDP.  Also to make sure that the VPN has UDP enabled.  What version of RGS did you see the notes on the rgsenderconfig file?

Update on my reply:  HP Velocity will follow whatever port is set in the configuration files.  Need to make sure that whatever port is used, TCP/UDP  needs to be open to incoming traffic to allow connections. Make sure that the port is the same in both configuration files.

In the user guide:

If you changed the port that HP ZCentral Remote Boost Sender listens on from its default of 42966, you must specify the port number along with the hostname or IP address like in the following examples:

MyHostName:12345

192.168.0.10:12345

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.