Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to setup ZCentral for remote workers outside of my office network.  How do they connect to it through the internet?  Examples only show VPN connection.  I have a static IP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Remote Boost requires that the sender and receiver be visible to one another, usually via a VPN. However, if you want to connect via the internet you can use port forwarding through your router.  Each provider is a little different so you may need to look up how to do that.  I have done this with my Xfinity home internet to allow someone outside of my network to connect to a particular sender.  You can use collaboration to allow multiple people to connect in a session.  By default the primary user will receive a notification that someone wants to join, and has to allow them in.  If no one answers that request within 15 seconds, the other user will be disconnected.  You can change the settings in the rgsenderconfig file or the SenderConfigurationApp tool.  Please look at the attached user guide for Collaboration settings and invitations, as well as port forwarding info.  The latest release for Remote Boost is 20.1.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Remote Boost requires that the sender and receiver be visible to one another, usually via a VPN. However, if you want to connect via the internet you can use port forwarding through your router.  Each provider is a little different so you may need to look up how to do that.  I have done this with my Xfinity home internet to allow someone outside of my network to connect to a particular sender.  You can use collaboration to allow multiple people to connect in a session.  By default the primary user will receive a notification that someone wants to join, and has to allow them in.  If no one answers that request within 15 seconds, the other user will be disconnected.  You can change the settings in the rgsenderconfig file or the SenderConfigurationApp tool.  Please look at the attached user guide for Collaboration settings and invitations, as well as port forwarding info.  The latest release for Remote Boost is 20.1.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.