Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ZCentral_RB_2020.1.0_Lnx_Sender_Receiver_M39125-001
Linux

Hi,

HP Z8 G4
Autodesk Flame 2021.1.1

Receiver OS : Windows 10

Sender OS: Linux Centos 7.6

Sender Version:  ZCentral_RB_2020.1.0_Lnx_Sender_Receiver_M39125-001

Receiver Version: 2020.1.0

Remote Display Resolution: 2560x1440
Sender EDID: 2560x1440

Wacom: Intuos Pro M

Hi,

I have a situation where we connect to the sender and the Wacom is not correctly mapped on the sender machine.

The resolutions are identical and we are mapping 1:1 at fullscreen. The wacom seems to be off by a few pixels.

I also noticed that the pressure on linux does not work.

Please let me know how i can fix this.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

I also came across this issue today..

I am looking at either:

Downgrading to the previous ZCentral version, if I can find where to get the download from.

I think I have done this before and it worked, but it was last year.

Editing the Wacom mapping settings in the Windows receiver, to reduce the margins - which then gets the swipe working in Flame.

HP Recommended

Thanks Simon,

The strange thing is that when I restart the X server with init 3 and init 5 it will come back and work until the user disconnects again. After that it's back to it old habits. I m still struggling to find the cause.
I also have this running on another Flame with no issues.

The only difference is that its OS 7.4.

Hopefully someone at HP can assist.

All my machines are currently in production.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yes that sound very familiar.

I m just not sure why its working on the other 7.4 CentOS Flame.

@Hp please let us know.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am going to reach out in private message for some more details.  Have you tried our current release 20.2 to see if the issue is resolved or persists?  When you connect to your sender, are you have the sender match the resolution and layout of the receiver displays? "Set sender display(s) to match receiver display(s)".  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks Kelly.

I will chat to you in the pm. We should then post the solution here.

Regards

Niel

HP Recommended

Can you confirm if the issue you are having is the cursor offset?  I don't collect logs on the forum, too much info.  We can post solution here.  For pen pressure, make sure you have Windows Ink enabled.  Definitely want the solution posted here once we get to root cause of your issue.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

I have not tried the new version of Zboost but do you know if the Flame Offset was rectified in the new version?

HP Recommended

There is a fix in Remote Boost for the offset cursor.  However, I am finding out that it is actually a margins issue that people are needing fixed.  We don't respect the tablet margins.   It would be great to know if that is also your issue. 

Here is no margins, pen at shown position moves cursor goes to upper left of screen

KellyRGS_0-1629302167816.png

This is a 10% margin, pen at shown position moves cursor to upper left of screen

KellyRGS_1-1629302167820.png

When using Wacom over Remote Boost, the pen moves the cursor to a position on the receiver screen.

If the position on the receiver screen corresponds to a position on the sender, we will attempt to move

the cursor on the sender to a position that lines up with the receiver cursor. If there are margins setup

on the sender side, the change will perform a transformation to effectively remove the margins so that

the cursor will be aligned with the pen.   Are you expecting the first scenario when you are using margins?

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.