17 10 3 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

If the monitor is off we cannot connect to RGS 7.7 x64

HP Recommended
HP Z4 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are all currently forced to WFH. If our user's monitor at work is powered off, they cannot see the resolution properly even if we select "set the sender to match the receiver display" 

We are using 7.7 x64 sender and receiver. Our receiver monitors vary; however, the sender machines we will consider "headless" for this instance. We need to be able to work remotely with no monitor attached. Please help!

Kelly RGS? 

1 REPLY 1
TechyTecherson
Author
Level 2
17 10 3 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm replying to my own post because there is an answer and solution. 

1. Remote into the sender and stop the RGS sender process. 

2. Modify the sender config file entry as shown below. (uncommented and 0 changed to 1)

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled

## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

3. Restart the sender. 

4. Change the receiver setting to "Set Sender Display(s) to match Receiver display(s)

connect and enjoy. NOW, I'm told by HP that if the monitor gets powered on, this setting can cause some odd display issues so if the power is restored to the monitor or the monitor gets plugged in, this setting should be reverted. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation