Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to kill/close a receiver session from the sender?  Many times I forget to close the receiver session at my home office and get to work to find I'm still connected (screen blanking).   Until now, I've been connecting from a coworkers receiver PC and kill it there to get it to disconnect.

Today, I tried disableing screen blanking.  That kinda helps in that I can restart the sender service which drops the receiver connection.

Read the manual and didn't find anything.  Am I missing something?  Seems like some keystroke combo should be able to kill the receiver connection.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This might work for you.  You have Windows 10 flagged so guessing this is the OS you are using.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del, Tab, Tab, Enter.  This will cause the current user to log out.  You should be able to login

and then use your machine as normal.  This may not work for all versions of Windows.  Any unsaved work my prevent

this from working, and will close all of your apps. 

The other thing you could try is using RDP to remote into the receiver and then log off.  This should disconnect the RGS session, but would leave you logged in.  You could then log out via RDP and try reconnecting with RGS.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.