Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi guys

Recently we've replaced all our office workstations with HP Z2 G4 (Nvidia Quadro P2200) and with it replaced our Citrix servers with HP RGS, or ZCentral Remote Boost as it's called now for our employees to work at home.

All our users running Windows at home select the Display option to "Match Sender displays to match Receiver Displays" and the RGS software does so flawlessly on 1, 2 or 3 screens at home. But we've got a couple of Mac users with a 2nd monitor attached and there it will not work. They either see 2 screens on 1 monitor, or they get both screens to work with scrollbars which is even worse for their productivity.

One of our mac-users told me she got it to work perfectly when choosing the last option under display (Set Sender displays to match display properties) but that this function is now greyed out. I asked her resolutions, which are 2880x1800 on the mac screen and 1920x1080) and altered the rgreceiverconfig to match these display properties as such:

Rgreceiver.Display.1.X=0
Rgreceiver.Display.1.Y=0
Rgreceiver.Display.1.Width=2880
Rgreceiver.Display.1.Height=1800
Rgreceiver.Display.1.Orientation=0
Rgreceiver.Display.2.X=2880
Rgreceiver.Display.2.Y=0
Rgreceiver.Display.2.Width=1920
Rgreceiver.Display.2.Height=1080
Rgreceiver.Display.2.Orientation=0

Now she's able to select the bottom option again, but when connecting get's the notice that the Sender is unable to match the requested resolution.

I've seen this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-ZCentral-Remote-Boost-and-Connect/Does-HP-RGS-Receiver-for-Mac-OS-X... and the proclaimed workaround to disable the seperate Spaces in mission control on the mac. But for 1 of our users that brings with it the scroll bar issue, and the other user doesn't want to turn that off because that's a function she uses a lot.

HP Workstations both have screens attached in the office.

We're running HP ZCentral 20.0.0.23427 Receivers and 20.0.0.23427 Senders

Our previous Citrix servers worked on both of their screens, and we've heard that the ZCentral software has the ability to also use multiple receiver screens. 

Any hints tips or how-to's are greatly appreciated 🙂

PS. We (as IT guys) don't have a macbook to test this out on. We'll have to forward your suggestions to our employees to test out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, this was actually fixed in our latest release, Remote Boost 20.0.1.  In our instructions, this is what is recommended for this to work.  https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

In the Receiver GUI settings, change to "Set the Sender Display(s) to Match the Receiver Display(s).  If you get an error about the resolution not being able to be matched, make sure your Sender supports the Mac resolutions that are being requested. 

For best results, change the MacOS settings to "Automatically hide" the Menu Bar and the Dock.  Also, to get multi-display setup to display properly, on the Mac, go to System Preferences > Mission Control, and uncheck "Display Have Separate Spaces" for borderless to work properly.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, this was actually fixed in our latest release, Remote Boost 20.0.1.  In our instructions, this is what is recommended for this to work.  https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

In the Receiver GUI settings, change to "Set the Sender Display(s) to Match the Receiver Display(s).  If you get an error about the resolution not being able to be matched, make sure your Sender supports the Mac resolutions that are being requested. 

For best results, change the MacOS settings to "Automatically hide" the Menu Bar and the Dock.  Also, to get multi-display setup to display properly, on the Mac, go to System Preferences > Mission Control, and uncheck "Display Have Separate Spaces" for borderless to work properly.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Allright, I've just installed the latest Sender. I'll get back here as soon as I've heard back from the user!

HP Recommended

Hopefully you meant that you installed the latest Mac receiver.  Changes were on the receiver side.  Although updating the sender to the same version is always a good thing.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Good to know, well I've done the Sender side, and asked our end users to install the latest Mac receiver on their home PC too. 

Thanks for your reply Kelly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.