Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z2mini G5(Sender) / HP Elite Dragonfly
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am an in-house system administrator, received the following cases twice.
Could you please tell me the cause and solution?

environment:
・Run HP ZCentral Remote Boost v20.0.0.23427 (Sender and Receiver) on Windows10 64bit PC
・Set the display setting to extended display in the Windows settings on the Receiver side
・A laptop display is placed on monitor 1 and an external display is placed on monitor 2.
(Sender's desktop screen is displayed on both monitors 1 & 2)

matter:

In that case, the following strange conditions sometimes occur on some PCs.
When the window on the monitor 2 side is activated, the monitor 1 side becomes inoperable.
If you display the Z Central Remote Boost menu bar on the monitor 2 side, you can operate it again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I see you are on Remote Boost 20.0.0.23427 which was the first release for Remote Boost, are you able to test our latest release and see if behavior is still there, 20.1.0.26348 which is out on the ZCentral Remote Boost website? 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I see you are on Remote Boost 20.0.0.23427 which was the first release for Remote Boost, are you able to test our latest release and see if behavior is still there, 20.1.0.26348 which is out on the ZCentral Remote Boost website? 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Kelly.
Can Remote Boost 20.0.0.23427 (first release) and 20.1.0.26348 (latest release) coexist?
It is difficult to update to the latest version on all PCs at the same time because we manage many PCs with ZCentral Remote Boost Sender / Receiver installed.

HP Recommended

Yes, you can mix those two versions.  I have attached our release notes for Remote Boost, covers all three versions.  We may have made fixes that could resolve your issue.  You may have to test at least one receiver and one sender on the latest release if a mix of the two does not resolve your problem.  If using the latest version on both sender and receiver, and you still have the same issue, let me know.  I would like to reach out on private email and start gathering more info.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Forgot release notes....

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Kelly.

I will try the Remote Boost latest version once, reply here the result later.

HP Recommended

After updating only the Receiver side to the new version, this bug has been resolved.

After the update, the problem that the Delete key does not work has also been fixed.

(Similar to the bug in another thread "Delete key stops working occasionally".)

I don't know if it will be resolved by updating or by reinstalling the Receiver app.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.