Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laptop- 14-dk1022wm and I recieved an Error 404 message on my Edge. Usually, I would update something on my laptop and the issue went away, however, I keep getting Error 404 and nothing needs updated on my laptop. I verified on another device the link works. I am at a loss on what to do. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Macy2001 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

First / Easy:

Clear the cookies and cache on the browser exhibiting the problem.

Try again.

If you have not done so,

Make sure Windows Updates is not running, needs to run, is or "pending" a restart of the system.

if you have not done so,

Restart at least the computer - perhaps also restart the router that controls your network.

Easier option - no searching, restarting, clearing, checking security software:

Use a browser that finds and properly displays the page.

What?

Good news -- Unless you see any hard evidence, nothing about a 404 error is related to the brand of computer.

Might be security software in the browser - Browser security is controlled within the browser settings.

You might be able to add an exception to let the page be displayed.

Might be your on-computer security software if it includes the ability to monitor your browser activity.  True - if this is the source of the problem, then it makes sense all browsers would be blocked from the page and not just one browser.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.