Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I would like to know if it's a known bug or not, but when we are using two screens on a Windows 10 Receiver (ZCentral 20.1) and Borderless mode, we have to pin the topbar to avoid lags on the screen, when the topbar is pinned and always visible, we can have the screen refreshed, if the topbar is not pinned and try to move a windows from the Sender (20.1, Windows or Linux), you have to put the mouse cursor on the top to display the topbar and have the screen's Sender refreshed.

Are you aware about this? I tried to find an option in the receiver to automatically pin the topbar at the connection to the Sender but didn't find it.

Thank you

Tristan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can you provide more details about your receiver setup?

On the sender, is it headless or have displays attached?

What graphic cards and drivers do you have on both sender and receiver?

Are you using any particular applications when you see this behavior?

Are you dragging a window to another location, and the screen is not refreshing?

Helpful to have replication steps.

Are you using Remote Boost 20.1 on both sender and receiver?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

- Can you provide more details about your receiver setup?

Our receivers are Dell Thin Client Wyse 5070, we installed ZCentral Receiver 20.1

- On the sender, is it headless or have displays attached?

Our senders are headless, CentOS 7.8 with a xorg configured to have the simulation of two screens (No EDID used). We used the HP Z4 G4 Workstation

- What graphic cards and drivers do you have on both sender and receiver?

On Sender, it's Nvidia RTX4000, the drivers used the version 450.66.

On Receiver, it's Intel UHD Graphics 605, the drivers used the version 26.20.100.6998

- Are you using any particular applications when you see this behavior?

No, when we are on the desktop and we open a Nautilus window and try to drag it on the screen, we don't see the move, it's only refreshed when the topbar is visible.

- Are you dragging a window to another location, and the screen is not refreshing?

Yes, even if we try to move the windows to the other screen, we don't see anything, you make the topbar visible and we can see your window. We have this issue only with two screens attached on the receiver, with a single screen on the receiver there is no problem.

- Are you using Remote Boost 20.1 on both sender and receiver?

Yes, 20.1 on the both side

Thank you

Tristan

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my questions.  Will take a look to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.