Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Zcentral
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello
I have a ZCentral setup on a non HP computer. It is licensed.  I am having issue with a receiver where when it connects to the sender the resolution is not matching what the receiver is set to. The receiver resolutions are:
3840x1080
1920x1080
1680x1050

Within the logs the following is seen:
-Failed to match using Nvidia Displays Matcher, reverting to Windows Displays Matcher
-Using Windows Displays Matcher for resolution matching

Which causes the resolution to default to a max of 1920x1080 across the monitors. What would cause this?
On the receiver the Display settings is set to "Set Sender displays to match Receiver displays.

What would cause the Nvidia Displays Matcher to fail and how would I fix this?

Thanks

UPDATE:  Some more info.  Both sides are using Windows 10 and ZCentral is 20.0.1.25438.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested.  Remote Boost defaults to NVIDIA for resolution matching and if that fails, then it goes to the OS to see if it can match it.  Does your sender have display(s)? If so, how many and what are the resolution(s)?

A good test is to connect without resolution matching enabled, go into the NVIDIA control panel and see if you can manually set the resolutions.  If that works we should be able to match.  Let me know how this goes.  I may need to request more information via private email.  Just as an FYI, our latest release is 20.1.0.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for the reply.  In my case the user is connecting via a VPN connection.  Only when he connects this does not work.  I was able to make it work by dropping his resolution to 2560 X 1080 by upgrading his on board video driver.  I still cannot get the full resolution from his receiver.  However when I connect using the same setup, same video drivers and same HP computer, but on the local network I can get the full resolution and it works.  The Nvidia settings does not show the resolution 3840x1080 yet I'm able to achieve it on the local lan network but not over the vpn. The sender does have two monitors connected that are set to 1920X1080.  The video card in the sender is a Nvidia P2000.  Would network traffic affect this?  In the logs it shows the sender is getting the resolution the receiver is sending but it fails at that point. 

Once again thanks for the reply and if there are any technical documentation the explains the way ZCentral works it would be helpful to me since I have about 100 remote users using this.

HP Recommended

I would like to collect the rg.logs from both the sender and receiver that is having this issue.  Will send you a private email with email address to send these to.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello 

Did not received the email to send the logs to  

HP Recommended

Just sent you a private email.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.