Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm evaluating this software for my company. I'm trying to get the best possible image quality and frame rate with high end workstations running Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX 2080 ti graphics cards. The default settings result in me seeing a black screen when I connect to my remote workstation. Only when I set the below value does this work and allow me to see the images on the remote PC. I tried "GPU" and "Changelist" but they both result in a black screen. I assume that the performance and frame rate are lower with this CPU-based option. Is there anything I can do to make the "GPU" option work?

Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods=Comparitron

Ideally I would like to achieve a 60fps frame rate. This is over a 700Mbps internet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try having the monitor/s on otherwise the EDID isn't loaded from the monitor as the workstation won't see the monitor. I believe there is a known bug with this as we have to set edid's otherwise we just get a blank screen on over 120 workstations with quadro cards.

Alternatively you can set an edid as below but think this is only available on Quadro professional cards.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3569/~/managing-a-display-edid-on-windows

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

what version are you running and do you have a screen attached?  We had an issue getting a black screen if monitor not attached, alternatively with Quadro cards set an EDID that forces the machine to think it has a screen

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

I'm running version 7.7. Monitors are attached to the remote machine, but are turned off.

I did try this config command if that is the one you are referring to - unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Switching to any compare method other than Comparitron results in a black screen.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

HP Recommended

Try having the monitor/s on otherwise the EDID isn't loaded from the monitor as the workstation won't see the monitor. I believe there is a known bug with this as we have to set edid's otherwise we just get a blank screen on over 120 workstations with quadro cards.

Alternatively you can set an edid as below but think this is only available on Quadro professional cards.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3569/~/managing-a-display-edid-on-windows

HP Recommended

Thank you. I had someone turn my monitor on at work, and this allowed the "GPU" comparison method to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.