Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

i am using the following config:

sender= Z8 (single monitor attached)

receiver = zbook g3 (dual monitor attached)

on receiver i  configured display to "set sender display to match  receiver displays" (in order to utilize higher resolution on receiver monitor). So far so good. 

Unfortunately this option automatically uses the dual screen on receiver side. To prevent this (and only use one screen) I can disable RGS2 on nvidia settings on sender side. Unfortunately this needs to be done after every new connection via Zcentral.

How can i configure the  receiver to only request one RGS when establishing connection?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can setup where you want the sender to appear on the receiver by implementing the receiver properties into the rgreceiverconfig file.  We have a section in the user guide that covers how to do this.  If you have any issues and need further assistance with this, please respond to this post.  See "Using display properties to set resolution and layout" page 45 in the User Guide that I have attached. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thx, that solved the issue. But only after:

1. On Receiver set Display to : "set senders display to match display properties" 

2. On Sender: adjusting rgsenderconfig to get rid of black screen with Nvidia cards and no screen attached

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.AllowNvidiaResolutionMatching=on
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

HP Recommended

I would have mentioned the headless property, but in your sender description you had a display attached.  The headless property only works with NVIDIA Quadro graphic cards and Windows senders, just as an FYI.  If you sender had been Linux, you would have needed to create an xorg.conf file and point it to an EDID file.  We default to NVIDIA for resolution matching.  The sender and receiver must be able to support the resolution(s) being requested in order for it to succeed.  If it fails, then we default to the OS, and if that fails, you will get whatever resolution the system feels is correct, and a failure message that we could not match.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.