Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I repeated installing and unstalling various version of RGS Sender for a testing.

Now I encounter the error below when starting the 7.5.1 SenderSetup.exe and am impossible to install the RGS Sender.

2019-02-06_16h26_00.png

I have already rebooted the PC again and again.

rgsCleanInstallFiles.bat has been tried to execute but nothing changes.

Here is the spec of sender PC:

HP Z240

WIndows10 64bit

RGS Sender 7.5.1

NVIDIA version 385.69 Quadro P2000

Could anybody help to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to verify, there are no other installations of HP Remote Graphics Sender installed, or visible in the control panel.  The other thing to try would be to stop the sender service, launch the SenderConfigApp.exe  which is located where the sender is installed,  and then at the bottom of the genera screen, click on the link to reset to default.  Restart the sender service.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What version of RGS did you have on your sender prior to installing RGS 7.5.1?  If it was RGS 7.4.0 was it 32bit or 64 bit version?  RGS 7.4 was our first 64 bit release for Windows.  When you uninstalled the sender, did you check to remove the user's settings?  How are you doing the installation, via command line or using our executable?  When uninstalling, are you going through the Control Panel? 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don't remember well which version I tried. Probarbly later than 7.3 are included and both 32bit and 64bit were tried.

I checked to remove user settings when uninstalling.

The install were done by executable file and uninstall were done by Control Panel - program uninstall.

HP Recommended

Just to verify, there are no other installations of HP Remote Graphics Sender installed, or visible in the control panel.  The other thing to try would be to stop the sender service, launch the SenderConfigApp.exe  which is located where the sender is installed,  and then at the bottom of the genera screen, click on the link to reset to default.  Restart the sender service.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The problem was resolved after a few days although nothing done. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.