Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Started working remote recently.

Remote station is on Linux Cent0S7.

RGS Receiver workstation: Windows 10 , with RGS receiver version 7.7.0.20876

Trying to use the Shift modifier key + digit combination (xmp:shift+6) with no success to access default shortcut behavior in compositing software.

Tried checking 'Send First key' in Hotkeys>Basic Behavior, no success so far. 

Any idea how to solve this issue? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Affbk,

Does the issue only happen inside your compositing software? (Is it Flame, by any chance?)

If you try sending a regular shift sequence outside the application does it work fine?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply. The compositing software is Nuke.

I've tried using shift in another application and to select multiple files in a list, seems to be working fine. 

It's more of a software thing in RGS context then i imagine . 

Thank you! 

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy_G,

I believe I have the same problem with Nuke over RGS as Affbk, and other users in my studio have complained about similar problems in After Effects. I think the origin of the problem is that keyboard chording does not work the same way -- I have not found a workaround.

I uncovered what's happening by installing Hot Virtual Keyboard on my local machine and remote machine, and observing the different behavior of keyboard sequences. Pressing Shift + NumPad4 registers a literal Left-Arrow-Key press on the remote machine -- and that's not right. We need the remote machine to receive the keyboard signals literally, and I can't find any RGS options to handle that.

In Nuke, the number pad is used for nudging things in space and the arrow keys are used for nudging the playhead in time. So NumPad4 and Left-Arrow-Key have different functions. If I hold either Shift key and press NumPad4, Nuke responds as if I pressed Left-Arrow-Key alone without shift. That corresponds with what I'm seeing from the virtual keyboard overlay, which is a literal Left-Arrow-Key press.

HP Recommended

I've had the same problem in After Effects and it was hard to nail down because some Shift interactions worked just fine while others (Shift+spacebar, Shift+0, Shift to constrain proportions) did not. I remapped my left and right Shift keys and got rid of all issues except the Shift + Num Pad 0. This still yields no result.

Hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.