Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z420 workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, This is a repost

I would like to use the RGS software but I feel like its way to complicated to connect from receiver to sender, I understand some aspects in the TCP/IP and VPN setup but it way too complicated to follow on from your post “Re: HP RGS via VPN 03-29-2018 08:55 AM” as I have pretty much exhausted the checklists mentioned there. There’s probably something simple I’m missing....I thought that the remote session creates a VPN automatically? 

here a the specs, 

Sender.

windows 7 pro, Z420 workstation, running latest RGS7.5....Sender app Only

Windows firewall settings as per RGS7.5 user guide

Receiver.

Windows10 pro, running latest RGS7.5....Receiver app Only...

Windows firewall settings as per RGS7.5 user guide

issues:

I tried to log in at the receiver side at home, with, host name, full computer name and entering the direct ip, both, ip the listed ip on the work network and the ip listed under “what’smyip” to no avail.

my it dep has said we are not allowed to Remote Desktop using the windows based RDC as this right is only for senior management, so most of us are using Team Viewer but this is cumbersome in CAD applications. I do not need to send files an data over the connection, I just want to be able to work from home and use the workstations native hardware/software.

any help would be appreciated Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.