Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z
Linux

I wanted to update from RGS to the newest ZCentral 20.0.0.1 sender on Cetos 7.4

I uninstalled RGS and ran the ZCentral installer.  I can login with the receiver software as the root user, but if I login as the Flame user, it closes the session.

The xorg log gives me this error

(WW) Warning, couldn't open module rge

EE) Failed to load module "rge" (module does not exist, 0)

Did the module name change, that needs to be added to the xorg.conf file?  I still have it loading "rge" like the previous software needed, according to this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/H...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am looking into this for you.  Will reply back shortly.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Not sure if the information in the autodesk link is correct.  Running install.sh would have performed the necessary changes to get the rge extension loaded with an older version of RGS.  The manual changes to the xorg.conf were not required and the extension is not required starting with Remote Boost 20.0.0.  Remove the the changes to the xorg.conf to load the extension.  I believe this is issue is separate from the login problem.

It is not clear what is mean't by "login".  This could mean authentication with the Receiver, or could mean login to the console.  There are many variables that would impact the ability to connect.  It could be an active user session on the sender system may be a likely cause.  Meaning if you logged in as Root and then did not log out, and tried connecting as the Flame user, it would see that Root is still logged in, would ask to allow the second user for collaboration.  Remote Boost waits 15 seconds to allow a request for collaboration to be accepted before it disconnects the second user trying to log in.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.