Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HPE Moonshot
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have RGS ZCentral on HPE Moonshot. When we connect via the RGS Receiver, the resolution of the RGS Sender stays at 1024 x 768, using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Both Primary and embedded displays are enabled.

If we have primary enabled and embedded display disabled, and connect via RGS ZCentral, we only see blank screen. But if we connect via RDP, we are able to see desktop.

Thoughts on how we can be the Intel Graphics to work right and have better resolution? We have tried to roll back displays drivers. Or is there another Microsoft Basic with better resolution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Let me confirm my notes on setup are still accurate on the Moonshot.  Get back to you shortly.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I will check this board on Monday.

Have a good weekend.

HP Recommended

I was just on the forum reading this again a few minutes ago.  I reached out to my HPE contact who is the Moonshot expert.  My guess is that you probably need to disable the Microsoft driver and make sure your Intel Driver is up to date.  I am guessing this is the Intel Iris Pro on the Moonshot?  What model is your Moonshot just in case I get asked.  

I know we used to have to set the following on the Moonshot as well, but I am confirming this.  Should have an answer hopefully by Monday.  If I get it before then, will post here.

• The registry key ‘NumberOfVirtualDisplays’ needs to be set to enable virtual displays.
• Search for "FeatureTestControl" using REGEDT32.exe.
• Create a ‘NumberOfVirtualDisplays’ registry entry in the folder containing FeatureTestControl:
• New DWORD value: NumberOfVirtualDisplays
• Set value 1 to 8 for the required number of displays.
• Reboot
• Connect to the m710x using RGS/Remote Boost.
• Use the Windows Display GUI (by right-clicking on screen background) to set active display resolutions.

One other thing from HPE, make sure to turn off the ILO, that will cause issues with Remote Boost.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.