Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Today I just did a fresh OS install of CentOS 8 on a z840.  RGS is failing to register AVC and Velocity components.  The same machine was used previously with RGS and CentOS 7 without issue.  The machine can reach the internet un-restricted, so that is is not the problem.  I am wondering if the HP registration service is down? 

02-24-21 15:46:35 106499(3313489664) WARN  - WebRegistration::performCurlWebCall - unable to contact server, registration unsuccessful. result: 28

02-24-21 15:46:35 106499(3313489664) WARN  - ReceiverRegistrationManager::executeRegistrationProcess: bios uuid for sender and/or receiver failed to register.

02-24-21 15:46:35 106499(3313489664) DEBUG - HprRegistration::ReceiverRegistrationManager::execute - h264Registered 0 hpVelocityRegistered 0

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We will contact you on Thursday to provide manual registration.

Becky

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I am going to send you a drop box with the instructions and manual activation tools.  Follow instructions and when you have the output uploaded to the drop box, please let me know.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks... I will wait for the dropbox link.

HP Recommended

Should have it to you in the next half hour or so.  I am waiting on the forum moderator to give you PM privileges so I can take

this offline.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.