Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z240 - Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my first post here

I am a supporter, and have users, that uses RGS for remote connect to their workstation, from home

A couple of them, can connect, but when they are at the windows login - there are only a black screen

Can you give me a hint?

BR Torben

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sometimes the graphic drivers cause black screen.  Are you on the most current driver for the graphic card?  What graphic card do you have on your senders?  Are your senders headless?  If so, you will need to either enable the headless property in the rgsenderconfig file (can only be used with NVIDIA Quadro graphic cards and Windows).  The file is located at C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.  Make sure you have editing privileges to the file. 

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1  (Shown enabled)

Make sure to save the file and restart the system without a display attached.  If an EDID file is detected or a display during the reboot, the property will not load. 

Another option is to load an EDID file from a display that covers all of your resolutions needed by the receiver, and go headless that way.  This is covered in the User Guide.

If you have a display attached to your sender, make sure they are not going to sleep, or are turned off.  Some HP displays have the capability of being set to "Always Active" which keeps the display's EDID active even if turned off so there is not a black screen.

If the graphic drivers have been updated after Remote Boost has been installed, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling Remote Boost can resolve this. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.