Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

RGS remote boost - Trans Atlantic performance expectations

HP Recommended
Remote Boost
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hive Brain!

I've got a sender machine in London and a receiver in Los Angeles. 

The Sender is a 4 year old HP440 running a TitanX and win20 pro and 64 Gig ram. 

Tweaking all the settings we're only really getting 18fps in LA and would like 25+ to work with comfortably. (same machine in London gives 50fps across town) Central London - other side of London that is.

Here's our settings: 

I have  senderConfig to display up to 60 fps. 

Using HP VelocityImage quality set to 40

Min umage quality 12

Target update rate 30

increase text rendering off

Audio is off

Display is Set sender display to match receiver display.

I have headless display adapter on sender machine.

If we ping from LA to London we get a round trip of 137ms.

Any suggestions please?

2 REPLIES 2
web2098
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the connection has sufficient latency you may need to adjust a property on the receiver to increase your framerate. You will want to change the receiver property Rgreceiver.MaxImageUpdateRequests, I would recommend a value of 10-15.

0 Kudos
jasonmcd1967
Author
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fixed it. I used Advanced Video Compression and we get 50fps image quality set to 20 or thereabouts. Bit pixelated when moving the viewport. But workable. Also set the max frame rate to 60 in sender config. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation