Flag Post

RGS sender refuses connection

HP Recommended
TouchSmart 7320; HP Elitebook  306 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
Rev. HP RGS: 7.7.0.20876

OS Revision : Windows 10 1909

I want to use my HP TouschSamart as a „Monitor“ by HP-RGS.

The IT-infrastructure is as follows:
HP Elitebook  306 1030 G3 (company computer) is connected via VPN to my router, will be the „sender“
HP TouschSamart (private computer) is connected w/o VPN to my router, will be the „receiver“

Both computers do recognize each other, have checked this via „ping“ by using the host names, Response was positive, regardless  of the VPN software used; pls see below.

The issue is the following:
Using ShrewSOFT for the VPN-connection everything works fine - unfortunately ShrewSOFT is not allowed, 

Using Watchguard Software for the VPN (which is allowed an shall be used) the connection of HP-RGS fails, The sender seems to refuse the connection or do not respond.

The log from the receiver shows the following errors using Watchguard

ConnectThread::run(): sender must have quit during authentication (SSO), waiting for new sender to start
ConnectThread::run(): New sender not started!
Receiver::ProxyContainer::closeConnection

It seems that some setting of Watchguard-VPN do refuse the HP-RGS-sender to work properly.

Does anyone know what these error messages do mean?
And at which settings of the Watchguard-VPN I do have to look at?

(I've alredey de-installed an re-installed HP-RGS on the Elitebook)

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Onkel_Tom

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation