Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RGS 7 Paid Perpetual License
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Does anyone know if paid perpetual licenses (RGS 7) are usable on the new major release (and renaming) of ZCentral Remote Boost?

I've sent an email inquiry to zcentral@hp.com 

I do not have HP hardware currently.

BR.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

HP ZCentral Remote Boost accepts HP RGS 7 licenses purchased after 11/1/2019.  

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

is there also the option for paid upgrade from previous RGS v7 licenses (older than 11/12019) to the new version ZCentral 2020, as it  previously had been the case for RGS v7?

Old Product Number for the upgrade to v7 had been: F9L60AAE

If yes, can you please let me know the new HP product number for the upgrade to ZCentral 2020?

I also sent e-mail to zcentral@hp.com

HP Recommended

We have two older HP workstations, a Z240 and a Z820.  We currently run RGS 7.  Can we upgrade to ZCentral?  Will there be any charge to do this?

HP Recommended

Hi 7784,

You will need to purchase new licenses for HP ZCentral Remote Boost if the RGS 7 licenses were purchased before 11/1/2018.

Becky

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

One more note: Remote Boost is free on HP Z Workstations.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for asking the question @Stefgens - it's come to my attention that an 'upgrade' is only accomplished via a new license purchase.  It turns out that pre 2019 purchases disappear into the ether.  The price to be paid for software development - somewhat unconventional, but understandable.

HP Recommended

As I mentioned, our computers are HP Z workstations, so the RGS software licences were included free of charge, and were not purchased.    Are we then entitled to upgrade free of charge, or must new licenses be purchased?

HP Recommended

No need to purchase new licenses for your Z Workstations.

The Preload license file that comes with RGS will detect that and validate your connections.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

@BeckyN:

As you can expect, this is not what I had hoped to hear:

We had already spent > 50 k$ for previous RGS licenses (at that time RGS v5) that we needed to buy for use on HP ws460 blade workstations (only on HP Z-Workstation it's free, not on HP Blade-Workstations) with later upgrade of these old v5 licenses to v7 in order to continue to use them on other non-HP remote Workstation installation.

We use RGS v7 on SUSE linux and unfortunately SUSE-support has been removed with new ZCentral Version. So I cannot spent another > 50 k$ for the same functionality as before but without support. Can we expect, to see support for SUSE back again soon?

@7784: On HP Z-Workstation, there is no need to buy seperate license, it's included in the Software package. Just install the new 2020 version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.