7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS to ZCentral Upgrade Path

RGS 7 Paid Perpetual License
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Does anyone know if paid perpetual licenses (RGS 7) are usable on the new major release (and renaming) of ZCentral Remote Boost?

I've sent an email inquiry to zcentral@hp.com 

I do not have HP hardware currently.

BR.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
47 47 7 10
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ZCentral Remote Boost accepts HP RGS 7 licenses purchased after 11/1/2019.  

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

is there also the option for paid upgrade from previous RGS v7 licenses (older than 11/12019) to the new version ZCentral 2020, as it  previously had been the case for RGS v7?

Old Product Number for the upgrade to v7 had been: F9L60AAE

If yes, can you please let me know the new HP product number for the upgrade to ZCentral 2020?

I also sent e-mail to zcentral@hp.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have two older HP workstations, a Z240 and a Z820.  We currently run RGS 7.  Can we upgrade to ZCentral?  Will there be any charge to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
47 47 7 10
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 7784,

You will need to purchase new licenses for HP ZCentral Remote Boost if the RGS 7 licenses were purchased before 11/1/2018.

Becky

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
47 47 7 10
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more note: Remote Boost is free on HP Z Workstations.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for asking the question @Stefgens - it's come to my attention that an 'upgrade' is only accomplished via a new license purchase.  It turns out that pre 2019 purchases disappear into the ether.  The price to be paid for software development - somewhat unconventional, but understandable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I mentioned, our computers are HP Z workstations, so the RGS software licences were included free of charge, and were not purchased.    Are we then entitled to upgrade free of charge, or must new licenses be purchased?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
76 76 11 10
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No need to purchase new licenses for your Z Workstations.

The Preload license file that comes with RGS will detect that and validate your connections.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BeckyN:

As you can expect, this is not what I had hoped to hear:

We had already spent > 50 k$ for previous RGS licenses (at that time RGS v5) that we needed to buy for use on HP ws460 blade workstations (only on HP Z-Workstation it's free, not on HP Blade-Workstations) with later upgrade of these old v5 licenses to v7 in order to continue to use them on other non-HP remote Workstation installation.

We use RGS v7 on SUSE linux and unfortunately SUSE-support has been removed with new ZCentral Version. So I cannot spent another > 50 k$ for the same functionality as before but without support. Can we expect, to see support for SUSE back again soon?

@7784: On HP Z-Workstation, there is no need to buy seperate license, it's included in the Software package. Just install the new 2020 version.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation