Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
non HP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi - I installed the RGS trial [32bit] and can connect with the sender. However a dialog box is displayed saying  a valid license is not found. I have followed all the steps in the documents and installed - reinstalled many times -= same result. Can connect with sender but no license.

Steps taken.

Installed and pointed at trial license during install [numerous times] connects but no license = fail

Installed and said I dont have a license at the moment -->  edited environment variable to direct license file to sender folder and then manually copied supplied trial license folder = fail.

numerous re-install and reboots have failed to make it recognise license.

Is there a problem with teh supplied license or is there some other step I can take?

Please note: the default software supplied as a download only offered the 32 bit applications.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What version are you installing and what is your system make and model?  RGS 7.4.0 was the first 64-bit release for Windows.  If it is an older version, I would recommend uninstalling it, reboot the system, and install 64-bit RGS 7.4.0.  We are discontinuing 32-bit this year. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

it is 7.4 downloaded yesterday. No option for 64 bit offered when you sign up. Have followed all the guides.

Searched software area for sender 64 and found download. Will try this tonight. 

HP Recommended

I just checked the Download Trial License and you are right.  Looks like we lost the 64 bit.  I will get that fixed.  You should have the ability to get it there.  Thanks for the heads up!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

That must be worth a discount if I decide to purchase! [if it ever works....]

HP Recommended

So the trial license that you are able to download will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit.  Unfortunately for now, until this is fixed, you can only download the 64-bit version of RGS 7.4 for Windows via the Download Sender and Receiver option on the website.  Please let me know if you have difficulty in getting RGS to work for you.  Happy to help out.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

still not working. Uninstalled 32 bit versio. ran cleanup bat file. rebooted. Installed 64 bit version. once again I can connect but  the license warning box appears. The license has been moved by the installer from my desktop to its correct location in the program folder [see screen grab] but does not recognize it. What is going on? 

About to give up and look at solutions from teradici.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

What hardware are you trying to install the trial license on, doesn't matter if it is not HP.  Did you grab the license key from the website, and put it in the folder where the sender is installed?  Should be C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Sender.  If possible, can you send me your rg.log from the sender, as well as the installerlog (found by type in %temp% in Windows Explorer)  Scroll down to a folder called rgs.  You should see an installerlog file there.  Will send you a private email so this is not posted on the forum.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.