Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We just got and setup a HP Z2 Mini with 16GB or memory and a Quadro P620 videocard. We have installed remote boost and when we try to connect to it we only get a black screen and no windows login. We have installed the latest Nvidia drivers on the server but cannot figure out why it only shows us a black screen. All of our other HP servers have no issues with Remote Boost.

Also a note we have 2 headless adapters plugged into the back of the Z2.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Okay, so you are using EDID emulators plugged into the Z2 Mini.  Can you tell me what driver version you have on the P620.  I don't know if I have a Z2 Mini with a P620 but I do have a P1000 and a M620.  Are you using the latest release of Remote Boost on sender and receiver 20.1.2.8161?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

So let me prefix also by saying we have a bunch of Z2 Mini's 32GB with T1000 video cards and remote boost installed and headless adapters and they have no issues. Everything is running the same version of remote boost.

But we just got in a batch of 7 x Z2 Mini's with P620 video cards on them and this is the first one i have setup and it didn't work. We have the latest Nvidia driver 461.92. The version of remote boost we are using is 20.1.0.26348.

HP Recommended

I had this. Was something to do with user account. Made a new user account on the sender machine and was fine. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion but its every user that tries to connect on multiple accounts gets the black screen so that's probably not it.

HP Recommended

@KellyRGS i upgraded both the sender and receiver to the newest version of remote boost but i get the same black screen.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  I will try my two Z2 Mini systems with that driver and see what I get. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, i also have many more to setup so i am going to set a new one up tomorrow and see if i have the same issue. Do your Z2's have a P620 video card ?

HP Recommended

I will see if I can find one with a P620 in it.  If not, at least find a one that I can install in one of mine.  Can you get a screenshot of your NVIDIA control panel with the system topology section shown.

KellyRGS_0-1617855641946.png

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

I am still testing something, i setup a new Z2 with the P620 videocard and latest remote boost and it was working but while i was then doing windows updates on the server it all of a sudden disconnected remote boost and when i tried to reconnect now all i get is a black screen. It seems like it doesn't like something from windows update. I am uninstalling windows updates one by one to see if i can get it working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.