Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z2 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm new to using Z Central, remote boost, etc.  We've got everything set up and we are able to log into ZCentral connect and choose a host to connect to and when we try to connect we get this message.

Access is prohibited for this username. Contact the IT Administrator.

We can connect using this user via RDP with no issue.  When we try to use ZConnect we can't.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!

Shawn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What version of Connect and Remote Boost (sender and receiver) are you using?

Is your broker installed on Windows 10?  Same for Sender (remote system)?

Is the host part of a pool in which Prevent Unmanaged Connections is enabled?  See Section 5.2 in the latest ZCentral Connect User Guide.

Is the user that is trying to Remote Boost into the Z2Mini in the userfilter file on the sender?  The path on a Windows machine would be C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender\userfilter.

Is the user trying to log into a system that is not the owner of the session on the Manager?

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What version of Connect and Remote Boost (sender and receiver) are you using?

Is your broker installed on Windows 10?  Same for Sender (remote system)?

Is the host part of a pool in which Prevent Unmanaged Connections is enabled?  See Section 5.2 in the latest ZCentral Connect User Guide.

Is the user that is trying to Remote Boost into the Z2Mini in the userfilter file on the sender?  The path on a Windows machine would be C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender\userfilter.

Is the user trying to log into a system that is not the owner of the session on the Manager?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the reply.

As soon as I read the "Is the host part of a pool in which Prevent Unmanaged Connections is enabled?" I knew exactly that was the issue getting connected.

I unchecked that option on the pool and we are able to connect!  Now, this issue is we get a black screen after getting connected.

Can you help us with this as well?  I also have a question about using a different TCP port to connect remotely.

Thank you,

Shawn

Shawn
HP Recommended

Black screen once you have made the connection with Remote Boost?  If so, is your sender headless (no displays attached)?

If so, you can handle this a couple of ways.  If your sender has an NVIDIA Quadro card and is Windows, you can enable the headless EDID property in Remote Boost rgsenderconfig file (default location is C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphic Sender.  Make sure you have editing privileges to this file.  Change the property to look the one below (remove # and change to a one).  Save the file and then restart the sender service or reboot system to have the change take effect.  The property will not load if it sees a display or another EDID file in place.

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

Or you can attach a display, and export and load an EDID file.  Make sure to load an EDID file from a display that has all of the resolutions you need.  Again, this needs to be a sender with NVIDIA Quadro card and Windows for this to work.

If you have displays attached to your sender, but they are turned off or are asleep and we don't see the display's EDID anymore, you will get a black screen.  I have used our headless EDID property to get around that issue as well. 

Forgot to mention the different port.  You can change the port that Remote Boost listens on, default is 42966, but you need to change it on both sender and receiver. 

Sender rgsenderconfig file:

## Port used for communication between Sender and Receiver.
## Must match the port setting on the Receiver. Default is 42966.
# Rgsender.Network.Port=42966  (remove # and change port number)  Save and restart sender service to have the change take effect. 

You can also do this from the SenderConfigApp tool

KellyRGS_0-1620677422062.png

Receiver

## Port used for communication between Sender and Receiver. Must match
## the port setting on the Sender. Default is 42966.
## Note that HPVelocity only works on port 42966.
# Rgreceiver.Network.Port=42966  (remove # and change port number)  Save rgreceiverconfig file, close and relaunch receiver to have the change take effect.  

Or use the ReceiverConfigApp tool

KellyRGS_1-1620677598848.png

However, you will need to change the way you log in.

If you changed the port that HP ZCentral Remote Boost Sender listens on from its default of 42966, you
must specify the port number along with the hostname or IP address like in the following examples:
MyHostName:12345
192.168.0.10:12345

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.