Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have clients that are connected to a Avid Nexis storage and that uses HP RGS without problem.

But some clients are connected to a Avid Interplay storage, and have this strange problem that when a user connects with HP RGS from home, all media gets offline.

Both examples are working with one ethernet connection. (connection to Avid storage + internet in same)

Anyone have a clue what is wrong here?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

no one?

HP Recommended

Just to confirm, sender and receiver are on same network?  Are you able to see the media if connecting with RDP just to make sure the media is available on Interplay?  Sounds like you are getting a good RGS connection but for some reason not able to see the media but can on Nexis.   What version of RGS do you have on both your sender and receiver?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

connection by VPN, so yes, on the same network, but via Internet.

Think it is the Media indexer service that stops working when connection wiht RGS....by some unknown reason...

HP Recommended

Have you checked your Windows event logs to see any errors?  Our RGSbugreport may not provide any information as to why the service might be shutting down but the Windows  event logs might.  If you want to run the RGSbugreport, it is located where the sender is installed.  The output is a text file and will be located at %TEMP%\rgs .

If you would like us to look at the log, please send me a private email and attach the report.  Before doing this, shut down the sender service and then rename the rg.log to something else rg.old.log for example, then restart the sender service.  I would verify that your other service is definitely up and running for your media.  Make an RGS connection and see if you can reproduce the issue.  If so, run the RGSbugreport.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this one?  I'm seeing the same issue across a number of clients.

Thanks,

Jon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.