Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP t640 ThinPro OS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are using HP ZCentral Remote Boost successfully with Windows and Linux Hosts and Windows, MacOS and ThinPro OS Receivers. Software such as Autodesk Flame on Linux and Houdini and ZBrush on Windows are working great together with our Wacom tablets including pressure sensitivity.

In The Foundry Nuke on Windows the cursor just will not move when the artist moves the pen. Every other software we tested works fine. If I understand the manual correctly only software that uses the Windows Ink API will work correctly with ZCentral.

Is there any option that we are missing? Did someone get Nuke to work with ZCentral and Wacom tablets?

Thank you for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for all of the details. Normally the drivers are just installed on the receiver side.  I have attached a PDF that I made from the user guide which goes over the current Wacom solution.  You can change the Remote Protocol in ThinPro to local.  We also suggest this in the PDF. I think our next release will have some changes to Wacom which is due out in September 2021.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Have you tried the following in Windows settings? 

KellyRGS_0-1628783872435.png

Just in case this does not resolve the problem, can you tell me what tablet(s) you are using?  What version of Thin Pro do you have on your Thin Client?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, we tried that but it did not change the behaviour. We are using the Wacom Intuos PTH-651. ThinPro version is 7.2.0 build 14.

Thank you for your support.

HP Recommended

Okay.  Can you tell me what version of Remote Boost you have installed on your sender and receiver?  Also, what version of Foundry Nuke are you using?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

ZCentral Remote Boost 2020.2 and Nuke 13.0v4

HP Recommended

I reached out to the Wacom developers for Remote Boost and had them test Nuke, same version and 20.2.  They are not having any issues with Nuke and moving the pen on a ThinPro receiver.  Are you seeing this issue with ThinPro only when using Nuke, or all receivers.  I see you mention Windows, Mac, and ThinPro receivers are all working with other applications so we know our Wacom solution is working.  

It would be helpful to get steps on how to reproduce what you are seeing in Nuke (settings, where you are in Nuke, etc).  Video is also helpful so we can see what you are seeing.  I will reach out in a PM so that I can start collecting the details that we need to reproduce and will create a drop box if you can provide a video of what you are seeing.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

With Mac Receivers it works but the cursor is just this tiny dot which seems to be a windows ink related issue. Using Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac the cursor stays normal.

One thing to note is we have installed the Wacom drivers on the host machines since in some cases they are used with a direct connection. When we connect with ThinPro OS the Wacom Tablet will be piped through to the host machine as a USB device and it even shows up in the Wacom device settings. From an end users perspective this is great since they can change their settings as they are used to but it seems to add latency and jitter. When we use the tablet on other remote clients (MacOS and Windows) the tablet stays local and the host machine does not see a Wacom device. This has great performance but a bad user experience because the Wacom device settings are not accessible.
What is the recommended solution for this? By default ThinPro will enable remote USB for Wacom devices. Can we somehow change that behaviour? Did you install the Wacom drivers on the host machine when you tried to replicate the issue?

HP Recommended

Thank you for all of the details. Normally the drivers are just installed on the receiver side.  I have attached a PDF that I made from the user guide which goes over the current Wacom solution.  You can change the Remote Protocol in ThinPro to local.  We also suggest this in the PDF. I think our next release will have some changes to Wacom which is due out in September 2021.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We already tried to use the tablet in local mode in ThinPro but there was no movement of the cursor whatsoever. Now we figured out why. In USB Manager we had the Remote Protocol set to "Local" but didn't turn off "Automatically switch the remote USB protocol". So whenever we launched a remote session it switched itself back to "HP ZCentral Remote Boost".

In local mode the tablet is working fine – even in Nuke. Now we only have to figure out how to get the proper cursor back instead of the tiny dot but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thank you very much for the great support! With this we can finally roll out ZCentral to all of our compositing artists.

HP Recommended

I was going to mention in my reply that you can disable the automatic switching of protocols in the USB manager.  Sorry about that.  Also when using the pen for input on the sender, the cursor is often displayed as as small dot. This is expected
behavior.  Not sure if you will be able to change that or not.  I need to see if any of this has changed in the next release in Sept 2021.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.