Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z8
Linux

Hey, I am running HP Z Remote boost latest version on centOS on a Z8 and I found a new added codec called RAW in the rgsenderconfig, i tried it and it really seems to be RAW so I guess 8bit 444? I get like 6fps through a direct 1Gbit connection so that seems to make sense when playing back fullscreen video on 2560x1440.  

Can we somewhere get some more information on what the difference is between the codecs? whats the chroma subsampling, whats the bitDepth , e.t.c  HP3 JPEG-LS and raw are a bit cryptic. thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The default for Remote Boost is HP3 codec which is 4:4:4.  Advanced Video Compression (AVC) is 4:2:2.  The lossless codecs were introduced back in RGS 5.x to support medical imaging users.  I have attached the Remote Boost Configuration Guide which helps you with fine tuning.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The default for Remote Boost is HP3 codec which is 4:4:4.  Advanced Video Compression (AVC) is 4:2:2.  The lossless codecs were introduced back in RGS 5.x to support medical imaging users.  I have attached the Remote Boost Configuration Guide which helps you with fine tuning.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

I would like to request expanded codec support, to include AVC 444 and also HEVC 10bit444.  This would greatly help with color accuracy.  When utilizing RGS in a post production environment, playing video, HP3 JPEG data rate is rather high, so in this case AVC/HEVC is the better choice.  But with the current AVC implemented in RGS, the color fidelity is rather low.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.