Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Trying to connect, asking for Username and password?

HP Recommended

Hi Folks

Just got a new HP Z laptop and I'm testing out remote desktop. I have the sender on my Z laptop, and the receiver installed my other non HP laptop. The receiver IS connecting to the sender it seems, but then I'm prompted for a username and password. I never set one, so I don't even know what I'm supposed to login with, and I tried what would be account login and password the windows user login on the sender and that didn't work either, so it's not that. Get following error;

Authentication failed

Possible reasons include the following:

1. The authentication credentials that you entered, such as domain name, user name and password, are not valid or recognized by the Sender system.
  2. The Sender's authentication is not configured appropriately.

Please consult the user guide and README.txt for the latest directions and issues with respect to configuring authentication.

I don't even want a Username and Password preferably. Just at a loss here how to configure this to connect. I'm no IT expert so troubleshooting has me totally lost

Any help much appreciated 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation