Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ZCentral Remote Boost
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

I just built a new system. It has been running about 2 weeks. Its a fresh windows install with updates.  Motherboard Firmware and drivers updated.

I install The latest ZCentral Remote boot Receiver. 

After the install it says to reboot. I rebooted.

Restarts fine. Windows login comes up with the sounds. The keyboard and mouse lights up. Then after a few seconds goes off and they are non-functioning.

It will goto sleep if I leave it. So it seems windows is still running.
But I cannot login. A few things I tried

- Hard power down via power button. Then restart and go to recovery. non of the options seem to help

- I tried all the safe mode options, but when I do, it just freezes on the Asus motherboard logo .

-I have tried disabling all startup programs not needed.

- I have removed the keyboard and mouse and reinstalled them.

- Tried 4 different mice and keyboards. all the same results.

Im at a loss on what to do next. I don't know what Zcentral is changing that causes the keyboard and mouse to disable on windows startup.

The only fix is to go back to a restore point I created. I created 3 different ones with different startups disabled.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Which version of Remote Boost are you installing V20.4 or V22.1?  Are both your sender and receiver Windows? 

I would like to collect more details, and have attached the elevation template.  Please send that to me at zcentral@hp.com referencing this post title as the subject line.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello

I tried both versions, multiple times.

I have still tried to install the software at least 8 more times. Each time have to do a windows recovery from a restore point to get the computer back. The last time, no restore points worked. Had to wipe and install windows again.

After reinstall of windows, installing zcentral did not work still. Before and after updating drivers.

Sent the elevation form via the email you posted

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I'm also facing the same issue from last couple of months. I just want to install for WFH , so I installed receiver.

Every time I tried, I had to restore my system from restore points.

It's very sad, I'm using Tetradic now for WFH, it's like butter smooth...

HP Recommended

Good to see someone else has the same issue, (I apologize , I dont mean its good you're having  the issue) I wasn't sure if it was my computer only.  I hope maybe you can provide them some info that will help narrow it down.
I wish I could use another  method for WFH, But this is our company's required way.  So my new computer sits around as a heater in the cold weather.

Thank you for responding to the post!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.