Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP remote graphics 7.2.4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I've got problems when a user has dual displays on their reciever-pc and tries to connect to a sender with one monitor. They all recieve "Unable to match display resolution". 2 of my total 2 z-workstation has this issue. Clients is Windows 7 32 and 64-bit. Sender is W7 64-bit. They've got 1080p monitors and the sender then default back up 1200p. The users then manually have to change the resolution to 1080p. Users with only one monitor doesn't se this issue, the resolution matches automaticly.

Then I also have an issue with disconnects (monitor turns red) and users need to connect again. This is a small network with no other issues. I've read the logs but cannot find anytinhg usefull (in my eyes). Is there any way to get in contact with support?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello,

please ensure you create a system restore point on the notebook and backup complete data.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

you may find the links below as useful please remember support is on best efforts.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/remote-graphics-software.html

regards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
HP Recommended

How the hell should a restorepoint help me with this issue??

I've tried to find information on the link you sent, but I've already read everthing. No information available on my problems.

Do I realy have to buy support to even get access to slow email-support?

HP Recommended

Below is the latest user guide (RGS 7.3.1).  Please review the documentation starting at page 32.  Without viewing your logs, it would be hard to tell you why you are seeing the disconnects (red screen).  If you download RGS 7.3.1, there is a new tool that is packaged called RGSbugreport.  Run this on both sender and receiver.  This will provide you with more information.  If you need more assistance in reviewing the bugreport, please let me know.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Il'l download 7.3.1 and run the troubleshooter

HP Recommended

Any solutions here? I am running the RGS receiver (v. 7.4) on a laptop with two external monitors attached and I get an error when checking "Match Receiver display resolution". See below.image.png

HP Recommended

Hello,

Are you still on RGS 7.2.4?  If so, please move to RGS 7.4 on both sender and receiver as match resolution and layout was fixed in this version.  It really only worked with 7.3.3 on Windows 10.  Let me know if 7.4 does not fix your problem.  Happy to take a look at the logs if this still fails in RGS 7.4.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I am on 7.4 on both sender and receiver. It works ok if I only use one external monitor on the receiver. If I have two, it fails.
HP Recommended

At the beginning of this thread, you mention your setup.  Is this still accurate?  Did you update your NVIDIA driver after RGS was installed?  We have found that sometimes this breaks RGS.  Uninstalling and reinstalling RGS usually helps.  It would be helpful to get your logs, so I am reaching out to you in private email.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Just looked at user name, different user. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.