Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are trying to automate deployment of the sender software on our machines. While digging in the installation documentation, it seems the installer can take arguments to install quietly with various options. Sadly, the latest installer only seems to take standard InstallShield arguments.

Tried  "SenderSetup64.exe /noreboot /agreetolicense /autoinstall" , various /z and /s (as found on some other forum posts). The installer always fail and outputs the only command line arguments it supports:

Jasminl_0-1587498946719.png

I tried calling it with /S /v /qn (as the InstallShields kindly instructs me to) but the installer silently fails, nothing showing in the process table and c:\Program Files\ is empty.

Using package "ZCentral_RB_2020.0_Win_Sender_Receiver_M08152-001"

Is there something i'm missing? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jasminl,

You almost had it. Here's the command you want to run:

SenderSetup64.exe /s /z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /noreboot"

Note that only the install arguments are inside double quotes, not the whole command.

This should allow you to successfully install the sender.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Jasminl,

You almost had it. Here's the command you want to run:

SenderSetup64.exe /s /z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /noreboot"

Note that only the install arguments are inside double quotes, not the whole command.

This should allow you to successfully install the sender.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks it works! Also, the /autoinstall needs to be first in the list of /z arguments.

HP Recommended

Hello
This issue occurs with the SenderSetup64.exe deployment on computers where a service does not release resources.

example: in manual installation I select not to close applications

zcentral.jpg

however, in the command-line installation, you also use SenderSetup64.exe /s /z-"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /noreboot" the installation does not continue.

which command should I add?

Thank you

HP Recommended

HP, is there a fix for a CLI option to choose "do not close applications" when doing a silent install? Otherwise it hangs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.