Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z840 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We started using RGS and noticed if the end users doesn't disconnect from the editor in Receiver, the Server monitors stay black and there is no way to remove this without the user logging back into Receiver and logging off the computer. If we restart the computer or even uninstall Sender, the monitors stay black until the user logins in via Receiver and logs off the computer. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Raymond,

May I ask which RGS version do you have?

Also, could you tell me what OS is running on your senders and receivers, (are they both Windows 10?) as well as which graphics card they have and what the driver version is?

There is a way to also disable screen blanking by setting a property in the sender config file if that's something that you'd like.

I can give you detailed instructions once I know which OS you are running on the sender.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

We are running version 7.7 for both the Sender and Receiver. The Senders are all Windows 10 64-bit and the OS of  Receiver have been a mix but the tests are always the same. I have been testing from my laptop which is also Win10 64-bit. The Senders have a NVIDIA Quadro M5000 graphics card with driver 21.21.13.7711.

Please provide the disable screen blanking setting and we can use that as a backup option.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the extra info.

Here's how you can disable screen blanking on your senders:

1. Stop the sender service
  2. Go to the sender install folder (typically C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Sender)
  3. Edit the rgsenderconfig file and look for this property: Rgsender.IsBlankScreenAndBlockInputEnabled=1
  4. Uncomment it and set its value to zero 
  5. Save your changes and restart the sender service

p.s. You must have permissions to edit the rgsenderconfig file

Sender screen should not blank for future connections.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.