Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RGS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In previous versions of RGS (at least in 7.4), if the address connected to had a port number, ie xxx.xxx.x.x:<port number>, that's what would be saved in the Recent Addresses list, so it's easy to connect to the work computer.

After 'upgrading' to RGS v7.7, it always strips the port number before saving to the Recent Addresses list. So, my above address is saved as xxx.xxx.x.x... It is apparently not possible to get it to save the address with the port number, even though it was possible in previous versions. This means I will always have to type the port number every time I log in.

I edited the Rgreceiver.RecentSenders key in the registry to include the port number. However, after logging in, it again strips the port and saves the port-less address. At least now I don't have to remember the port number and type it each time, but there is still an unneeded dropdown selection required, and this is not a good solution for the few hundred people in our organization who used RGS.

Why would this be changed between versions? Why make it (almost) impossible to save the port with the address, as it used to? What can be done to prevent this? Asking for a few hundred coworkers...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ahh, I realize there's a settings in C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Receiver\ReceiverConfigApp.exe, where one can specify the sender port. Therefore it's not needed in the hostname field.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ahh, I realize there's a settings in C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Receiver\ReceiverConfigApp.exe, where one can specify the sender port. Therefore it's not needed in the hostname field.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.