Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
MacBook Pro, mid-2015
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I've been using for a week now but have yet to figure out, how does one exit HP ZCentral Remote Boost cleanly?

Every time I log out of a remote Windows 10 session, or try to quit HP ZCentral Remote Boost, the software hangs requiring that I open the interface to 'Force Quit' and terminate the application.  I can't imagine it was designed to work this way. 

Is there a proper way to exit the program?

MacOS  Mojave 10.14.6
Macbook Pro, 2.8Ghz, 1TB SSD (mid 2015)
HP ZCentral Remote Boost - 20.1.0.26348

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Meant to also add, thanks for any help.

HP Recommended

Generally the recommended way to end a session is to sign out.  You should not be experiencing a hang.  Is the hang on the sender or the receiver side?

Can you provide me with your sender setup.

Make/Model:

OS build and version:

Graphic card and driver version:

Is your sender headless or have display(s) attached?

If it has displays, how many and what resolutions.

Are you seeing this when working in a particular application when you leave the session, or is everything closed up and you are signing off to end the session.  I would also like to collect rgsbugreports but would prefer to route those to a private email address.  Will reach out to you in a private message.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking a look, Kelly.

Here's the setup:

Make/Model:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

OS build and version:
MacOS Mojave, version: 10.14.6 (18G8012)

Graphic card and driver version:

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Is your sender headless or have display(s) attached?
Laptop built-in display: 15.4-inch (2880 x 1800),  Currently no other displays attached.

The hang happens after trying to sign out of the remote Windows 10 sessions or when trying to quit HP Zcentral Remote Boost,  so doesn't seem to related to any application. It is a repeatable and consistent scenario even when no Windows apps are running on exit.

Also, I have been having a separate issue where the screen will lock up along with a message of "Network connection warning...".  This may be related to Power Nap (formerly App Nap) settings on the Mac side so am investigating that issue.

HP Recommended

I have seen where App Nap when enabled on Remote Boost does create connection issues.  Let me know if that changes anything.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hopefully there will be an improvement after turning off Power Nap (formerly App Nap) in 10.14.6.  TBD

Even after changing this setting,  the Zcentral app is hanging on sign-out / quit requiring force quit.  This is the lock up screen with the Mac "spinning beach ball of death".

LogOut.png

Also, I don't seem to be able to open the email you sent. Clicking the log-in link in the email results in this:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.13.16 PM.png

HP Recommended

Toggling "Power Nap" to off, does not seem to have solved the "Network Connection Warning..." message and lock-up.

HP Recommended

"Is the hang on the sender or the receiver side?"

On the receiver (Mac) side. Often if I 'Force Quit' HP ZCentral Remote Boost and re-initiate a connection, I can resume the current Windows session which will still be running on the sender side.

HP Recommended

Any further guidance? 

I'm still experiencing these two issues:
-The session will lock up if sign out or if I restart.
-After disabling Power Nap, I'm still getting random lock ups where the screen turns pink and I get this message:

Hang.png

HP Recommended

I just talked with the QA team this morning who is seeing if they can reproduce.  I will provide your update.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.