Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Z Central
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

We recently invested in Ten brand new HP Z2 Mini G5 i7-10700/16GB2/512GBM2/W10P64b / Nvidia Quadro T1000 4GB - which we have racked mounted into our server room for our editors to use as remote workstations from home.

All the editors are running a two-screen setup from home. 

All the racked mounted HP Z2 Mini's are headless.

We have updated the N-Vidia Graphics card driver version to 462.31-quadro.

We have tweaked the Z Central config file as follows to support the headless set up:

"Open rgsenderconfig file in Notepad and adjust these settings:

##For Windows-based senders with NVIDIA graphics only.
## When enabled, RGS Sender attempts to load an EDID if the system is determined to have no
## physical displays attached.  The Sender must not have any physical displays connected when
## the Sender service starts otherwise the system will not be considered headless, and no EDID
## will be loaded.  This EDID will remain loaded until the property is disabled, and the RGS Sender
## service is restarted.
# Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=0

Remove # and change to 1

After saving changes, make sure to stop and restart the sender service to make sure changes take effect.  If using the second property, make sure the system does not have a monitor attached when rebooting system, otherwise, the EDID file will not load."

Even after making the config file tweaks, we are still having issues with Avid Media Composer loading up with oversized font sizes and also stuttering with playback.

When I plug in a physical monitor into one of the machines and revert the config file back to its original state, Avid seems to load up without the oversized font sizes and plays back fine, so the issue we are having is definitely coming from Z Central's headless set up tweak to the config file.

My first question is, how can I remedy this quickly?

My second question is, will there be an update to Z Central which will have a headless setting built into the software rather than us having to manually change the config file?

Any help would be very much appreciated as our edits are time critical!

Kind Regards,

George 
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I sent you a PM. However, can you tell me what version of Remote Boost you are using on both sender and receiver? What build and version of Windows 10 you have installed on both.  What version of Avid Media Composer are you using?  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.