Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon,

I've got Z Central set up on my office HP Z6 Workstation so I could log in from home to use Avid Media Composer.

My plan was to record Voice Over Commentary from my home set up (the receiving machine) using a USB Microphone and I wondered if there was a way where the receiver machine could send the USB signal of the Microphone to the Sender machine at the office so Avid Media Composer could pick up the microphone.

Is this possible? The USB Microphone is a plug and play device made by ProSound. 

I look forwards to any advice on this issue.

Best Wishes,

George 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi George,

Remoting a microphone from receiver to sender is currently not supported through Remote Boost.

The team is investigating the possibility of adding this in future releases of RB though, so we might have good news in the future. 

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi George,

Remoting a microphone from receiver to sender is currently not supported through Remote Boost.

The team is investigating the possibility of adding this in future releases of RB though, so we might have good news in the future. 

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy!

Thanks for getting back and letting me know.

Does Z Central have an email subscription for me to sign up to receive updates on the latest releases? 

Best wishes,

George  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.