Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Remote Boost client v20.0.0.23427 Build date: Mar 13 2020
macOS 10.15 Catalina

If I leave my Remote Boost client running and walk away from my desk, it times out. That's fine; but if I try to reconnect, I get the eternally spinning cursor; and the only way to get out of it is to Force Quit.  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi KiwiJon,

Could you give more details of the scenario where this issue occurs?

Does it happen when Remote Boost is on full screen / minimized / etc.?

When you walk away from your desk, does your screen lock?

And when it times out, do you still see the sender Window? Does it show you the connection lost popup?

When this happens, is there any error message on your log?

You can find your log at /Users/<user>/Library/Logs/HP/rgreceiver/rg.log

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Seems to happen more when in full screen (its own desktop). Remote Boost (now HP ZCentral -- but happening the same as with RGS) connect prompt is still showing, but when I try to reconnect it spins eternally.  Screen does not lock with screensaver. No connection lost popup. 

I will check the log as soon as it freezes next time it happens, but just scrolling through now, I see these kinds of errors (my host name removed for security reasons):

05-26-20 10:32:42 52716(262164480) ERROR - LocalQtClipboard::setData() called without any data

05-26-20 11:56:35 52716(318492096) ERROR - SessionIce<T>::disconnect(): src/Ice/ConnectionI.cpp:2171: ::Ice::ConnectTimeoutException:
timeout while establishing a connection disconnecting and closing connection!

05-26-20 11:56:52 52716(318492096) ERROR - SessionIce<T>::disconnect(): src/Ice/Network.cpp:1202: ::Ice::DNSException:
DNS error: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

host: (my host name)  disconnecting and closing connection!

05-26-20 12:38:31 52716(250384384) ERROR - ReceiverSession::ConnectionStatusThread::run - CONNECTION_STATUS_ERROR (my host name)

HP Recommended

just happened again. the log has lots of events like this: 

05-26-20 10:28:36 52716(318492096) WARN  - QtWarning: Data set on unsupported clipboard mode. QMimeData object will be deleted.

and 

05-26-20 10:30:11 52716(262164480) ERROR - LocalQtClipboard::setData() called without any data

HP Recommended

Thanks, KiwiJon.

I'll forward this to the team for investigation.

Did you have any ongoing activity / program running when this happened?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Lizzy,   As when it's happened before, I've stepped away from my desk for a while -- so  there was no activity I'm aware of other than background things that might have been happening like Time Machine backups.

HP Recommended

log and bug report uploaded

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy_G  -- did anyone ever have a look at this ?  The problem still exists (only fixable AFAIK by force quit & restart). 

HP Recommended

Still waiting for a solution ... still freezing several times a day.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lizzy_G, 

This is still unresolved. I've spoken to another person  who has the same issue.

Did you want the report Apple collects when it happens (after I force quit) ? 

Is HP aware of this issue?

Are there any fixes or workarounds ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.