Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS 7.6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP VMouse will prompt the user with the below popup before uninstalling when we're scripting the uninstall/upgrade of HP RGS.

Can you provide the command line to stop this happening please or update the installer so that it no longer pops up asking for user intervention?  We've found this fault in 7.6 and 7.7 installers, we don't have licenses for HP RGS 8 to go to that yet but let me know if this is fixed in version 8.

vmouse.png

My understanding is vmouse was created as windows 10 doesn't see a mouse attached thus goes into table mode and doesn't show the mouse, if there is a different way of doing this without vmouse please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We do have a new version of the driver that will install silently.  We'll contact you shortly and provide a way for you to download.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi BeckyN,

Please could you also provide me with this installer?

Kind Regards,

Rich

HP Recommended

While the new version of the driver will install silently, at the moment it won't to a fully silent uninstall.

RCPOST, is that something that would still help you?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

Yes it would indeed.

Rich

HP Recommended

Rich, I sent you a message with instructions to download the installer.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.