Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a fairly basic HP 2721 Deskjet printer-scanner. It used to work most of the time. I used to be able to print from my Ubuntu/Linux desktop computer, but the connection with the printer stopped working. For a while I could still print from my Android (version 13) smartphone, but that stopped working today, and I uninstalled the old app. I have looked for a current app for this line of printers, but the HP 2700 series is not listed.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ireadpages2 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

It might be a network connection issue that is plaguing your printer.

The printer series is supported in HPLIP (Linux Printing)

HP Smart is available for Windows, Mac, and Mobile Devices

The Full Feature Software is supported in recent versions of Windows

Mobile Printing – Options for Printers

Start here

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Open the section for your printer series  >  Find your printer and supported applications.

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

HP Smart (Mobile) >>> Download / Install - How-to - and FAQ

HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

Section Why can't I connect my wireless printer or print over the network? (Offline)

and

Google Play Store - HP Smart

and (install this one, too)

Google Play Store - HP Print Service Plugin

============================================================

- Linux Printing -

HP Linux Imaging and Printing 

Get Current Version / Distros

HPLIP - All Supported Printer Models

HP DeskJet 2700 All-in-One Printer series3.20.5YesYesFullColorYesNo

USB,Network

Online Help and Support for HPLIP  https://launchpad.net/hplip

How to Uninstall HPLIP

============================================================

- Printer Software -

Video

HP DeskJet 2700 series printer : Download Offline Copy of Software and Install on Win 10 computer

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

User Guide - DeskJet 2700 Series

Product Specifications for the HP DeskJet 2721 All-in-One Printer (7FR53A)

Connectivity

Ports
1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Wireless capability
Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
Storage device and direct print support
Storage devices not supported

Lifewire - 802.11 Standards Explained: 802.11ax, 802.11ac, 802.11b/g/n, 802.11a

802.11      Frequency

Standard    Band

11a         5 GHz

11b         2.4 GHz

11g         2.4 GHz

11n         2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

11ac        5 GHz

Dual Band Network - Considerations

SSID_Dual_Band_Example_16SSID_Dual_Band_Example_16

HP DeskJet 2752 | 2755 | 2720 AiO printer : Restore wireless to default or Reset to setup mode

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP DeskJet 2721 All-in-One Printer 

OR

Results for "deskjet 2700" (3) 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Update: Just now, I have successfully printed a page from my Ubuntu-based PC. It is progress.

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur, thank you! A lot of information there. With some part of that info, let's see if I can access a suitable page for downloading the right printer app on my Android phone.

HP Recommended

@ireadpages2 

You are welcome.

Yes, Dragon is fond of expansive explanations. 😉

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Despite a page full of links and information and my looking into options on my smartphone that I have rarely touched before, I still come back to: an Android app for HP Desktop 2700 series simply isn't available. An app is available for many other HP printers.

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur, your page of info included several viable links for the HP DeskJet 2700 series. But when I reach the Play Store where an app should be, the 2700 series simply is missing from the list. I have looked into "permissions" in the Location menu on my smartphone - thought that all necessary permissions were lined up. No success yet.

HP Recommended

@ireadpages2 

Rats.  A non-technical term that means, "Small imaginary rodents are running around and not letting things work".

I'd have thought the HP Smart application would be listed in the Store, even if you do have trouble actually getting a hold of it (downloading the app). 

Version 10.0.1.3888
Updated on Feb 14, 2023
Requires Android 7.0 and up

I'm thousands of miles away from your location (in the USA).

Perhaps the Google Store works differently in your region.

The HP Smart application shows up in our Google Play store.

True - the availability of the app is not tied to any printer model.

The printer model does not play a part until you have installed the HP Smart application on your device and you want to add a printer to the application.

Finally, I've never had a DeskJet "anything" printer.

I might be missing something important.

Sorry I cannot help, after all.

Perhaps we need someone closer to where you are located and with access to Android apps...

@ShlomiL - 

Do you know anything that would help @ireadpages2 find the Android HP Smart app for his region?

TIA...

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.