Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all,

i have installed the sender on a windows 10 64 z4 workstation and i have installed the receiver on a client

i can connect to the sender if i change it to "comparitron" but if i set it to "gpu" all i get is a black screen when i try to connect via the receiver

i think this is because it needs an actual display hooked up to the sender if i set it to "gpu"

is there anyway round this?

thanks,

rob

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Rob,

There's a way around it. You could try the following:

- Edit the rgsenderconfig file located in the same install folder as your RGS sender.

- Uncomment the property below and set its value to 1:

Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

- Then, restart your rgsender service for it to pick up the new information.

Another thing that some users do regarding headless senders is to use a small EDID emulator device that you can plug into your graphics card to emulate a monitor connected.

If that's something you'd be interested in, just make sure you purchase one that supports all the resolutions you need.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

thanks Lizzy,

made the change

## Load an EDID on headless Windows system with Nvidia graphics. Once this property is enabled
## this EDID will not be unloaded until the property is disabled.
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=1

once done that, restarted the service

ZCentral Remote Boost Sender Service

but still when i try to connect to the sender on a receiver i still get a blank screen

HP Recommended

im going to get an HDMI emulator, so problem will be solved

thanks Lizzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.