Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

rgsender.service crash

HP Recommended
Linux

Hi Team,

We have issues with the rgsender service on our Centos 7.8 workstations. Most of our users are using Autodesk Maya 2020 and we noticed they lost the connection with the sender because the rgsender service crash. This morning an user lost the connection with his HP Z4 Workstation and I only tried to restart the rgsender service by using the script restart-service.sh in /opt/hpremote/rgsender/ and it worked.

I've looked into the service log by using journal -u rgsender and I've noticed this line:

rgsender-service.sh[1489]: /opt/hpremote/rgsender/rgsender-service.sh: fork: Cannot allocate memory
 systemd[1]: rgsender.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=254/n/a

And it seems that the workstation swaped because of Maya.

Is there a way to allocate memory for rgsender.service to avoid this kind of situation or isolate the service?

Thanks,

Tristan

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation