Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hi,

So i have tested both 7.7 and the latest 2020 version of RGS on two different machines. One running 2080 ti and one 2080 Super.  Windows Server OS 2019.  And both produce a black screen when trying to connect to them. 

I have tried some of the settings mentioned earlier in this forum and still no luck. Any ideas? 

Could it be network related? I cant seem to find any documentation on ports, protocols etc.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Hagen01

Windows Server is currently not supported by RGS.

If you are running headless senders you will need EDID emulators as RGS is unable to load EDIDs on GeForce cards.

If your senders are not headless, you can try this:

- Open your rgsenderconfig file on a text editor

- Look for the property: Rgsender.PreferredDisplayMethods

- Uncomment it, and change the values so that Comparitron is used first.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Not Supported?

I got it working running "Comparitron" but that really serves no purpose at it does not have any performance.

And yes, im running Headless senders, an EDID emulator is that hardware or software based? 

Im really confused as to the marketing of this product, it seems to be a brilliant alternative to RDP if the support for OpenGl and DirectX is there but if its only targeted for Single User Windows 10 machines the value diminishes.

HP Recommended

An EDID emulator is a hardware device that plugs into a port on the graphics card, as if you were plugging in a monitor.

Should you consider using any EDID emulator, just make sure you get one that supports the resolutions you need.

As for Windows Server not being supported, it will work on a Server OS if it is being used like a workstation.

This is because Windows Server supports multiple simultaneous users. Remote Boost will only support a single user per system.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.