Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Ideapad 5205
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I am having trouble connecting to RGS through sky broadband. I can connect to it successfully via other internet connections (work WiFi) so  the RGS is installed and working correctly on those. But on my home connection - Sky Router - I do not have any interactivity with my PC in work. I can see the desktop but I have no mouse or keyboard input. This only happens on my Sky broadband router. Seems to be a firewall/port issue.

It is my first time trying to work remotely due to the Covid 19 crisis.  Currently getting DL speeds of 71mbps and Upload of 15mbps. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Eoin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From reading your post, it sounds like you are actually connecting through your home router, seeing the desktop, but not able to see your mouse or use your keyboard.  In your RGS installation, if you did a default installation, you would have enabled Remote USB for local/remote.  If you unplug the keyboard or mouse, and then plug back in during the connection, do you then get a mouse and keyboard to work?  Since you are using Windows 10, I would install the VMouseSetup.exe that is packaged with RGS.  I would also check your router settings to see if there is settings that could possibly block your input devices. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.